Management Skills for New Managers
Managment Skills for new Managers
Gain the core skills you need to succeed!
This workshop will give a new manager the crucial foundational skills to shift from being an individual contributor to a well-respected manager who can achieve team success and drive bottom-line performance.
Using guided role play, exercises and practice sessions, you will discover how to adjust your management style and tackle new challenges. In-depth skills practice using the Situational Leadership model combined with interactive activities take you through the paces of motivation, delegation, coaching, communication, performance management and leadership. You will be able to improve on key weakness areas, play to your strengths and get the best results from every member of your team.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your roles and responsibilities
- Improve communication to effectively set expectations for yourself and your direct reports
- Adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of individual team members
- Communicate organizational goals that get results
- Apply delegation strategies to increase productivity and motivation
- Use effective coaching techniques to maximize your team’s performance
Your Role as Manager
- Identify qualities and abilities required for effective management
- Understand your role and responsibilities as manager
- Learn to transition from individual contributor to manager
- Know how to work effectively with a multigenerational workforce
- Understand the nuances when managing remote teams and across the matrix
- Identify the challenges to effective performance management
- Understand and conduct performance planning, facilitation and evaluation
- Practice the skill of setting goals, providing effective feedback and conducting alignment discussions
- Managers with one to three years of experience who are seeking additional management training.